Effective Date: 27/7/23
LJS Accounting Services (“we,” “us,” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of our website visitors and clients. As an accountancy firm operating under the website https://www.ljsaccountingservices.com/ (“Website”), we adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and relevant data protection laws to ensure the lawful and secure processing of personal data. This GDPR Compliance Notice outlines how we collect, use, disclose, and store personal data on our Website.
1. Data Controller
LJS Accounting Services is the data controller for the personal data collected through our Website. As the data controller, we are responsible for determining the purposes and means of processing personal data.
2. Types of Personal Data Collected
We may collect the following types of personal data when you use our Website:
- Contact information (e.g., email address, phone number)
- Business information (e.g., company name, address)
- IP address
3. Purpose of Data Collection
We collect and process personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing accounting and financial services as requested by clients
- Responding to inquiries and communications
- Improving and optimising our Website and services
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations
4. Lawful Basis for Processing
Our processing of personal data is based on one or more of the following lawful grounds:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or to take pre-contractual steps at the data subject’s request.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by us, such as the provision of our services, communication with clients, and ensuring the security of our Website.
5. Data Recipients
We may share personal data with third parties in the following situations:
- Service providers and business partners who assist us in providing our services.
- Legal and regulatory authorities to comply with our legal obligations.
6. International Data Transfers
We may transfer and process personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In such cases, we will take appropriate measures to ensure the protection of personal data, including using standard contractual clauses or relying on the data recipient’s Privacy Shield certification (if applicable).
7. Data Security
We implement technical and organisational measures to safeguard personal data from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We regularly review and update our security practices to maintain a high level of data protection.
8. Data Retention
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
9. Data Subject Rights
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
- Right to access your personal data
- Right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete data
- Right to erasure of personal data (“right to be forgotten”)
- Right to restriction of processing under certain circumstances
- Right to data portability
- Right to object to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling
10. Contact Us
If you have any questions, or concerns, or wish to exercise your data subject rights, please contact us at:
Thank you for entrusting LJS Accounting Services with your personal data. We are committed to maintaining your privacy and protecting your data in accordance with the GDPR and applicable data protection laws.